Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Goals

Going into this internship I don't really know what to expect. My plan is to figure out, in more detail, what I really want to teach and how I want to teach. Many teachers have different teaching styles and I wany to figure out what is best for me. Before I do anything I would like to list three goals in which I want to meet during this semester.

1. I would like to figure out a specific type of teaching style that is good for me. Once I know how I am going to teach something I think it will be easy for me to teach anything that I want.

2. I would like to be able to speak in front of anyone comfortably. As of now I already am a pretty outgoing person. I do sometimes get nervous when speaking in front of people I don't know that well and obviously if I'm going to be a teacher I will need to conquer that.

3. I would also like to know what age level I would like to teach. With interning in a high school class as of now I would like to know by the end of the semester whether I would like to teach at the high school level or go younger.

1 comment:

  1. Looks Good Mat, I think your goals are tough! If you can get all that in one term, then you will be ahead of most college grads. Unforunately, its like most experiences - the more you learn, the more questions you have. After you do some reading on observations (1st article, I think) I will encourage you to peek in at some other classes during 4th block. Perhaps one at the middle school, one at the elementary level, and one at either RAP, RRC, or Quest.

    I will be looking for your 1st article reflection this week. THe blog looks good!

    ReplyDelete